View Single Post
      06-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
AlanL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328ix Sports Wagon

Amazing that your lease includes replacing your tires, but tires and brakes are consumables as far as I am concerned and your mileage out of each depends entirely on how you drive your car.

I for one am incredibly easy on brakes - on the streets or out on the track. I am a momentum driver and consider the "go slow" pedal to be evil and to be avoided at all costs unless necessary. I have friends who like to do track time who are proud of the fact that they can destroy a set of pads in a single day when I can get 5 or 6 events on the same pads and have no problems at all keeping up with them.

At the same time I have also taken a set of Kumho Victoracers down to the cord in 3 events too.

Drive carefully and I am sure 12-15K miles is a trivial goal. Spend all your time going sideways through turns and they can be corded in less than 5K miles.

If the leasing company laid it out in advance that they aren't going to replace prior to 12K miles they have no legal obligation whatever to replace them until your odometer says that this is true.