View Single Post
      05-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #16
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJB View Post
I looked at nearly everything, at least everything I could find. Looks to me like the MS-8 is perfect for me. Not sure if I'll ever get around to installing it all though
JUST DO IT! Seriously, you will be so happy. It sounds like you truly will appreciate it. I was just listening to Mettalica with Ozzy from the 25th Anniversary and was so stoked with how it all sounded.

You can do it in phases to break it up. I first just installed the MS-8 with the stock speakers (without the subs, they blow anyway). Prep the wiring before the install. I extended the MS-8 high level inputs and outputs by 2 feet so I could just cut to length as needed then crimp with bullets while bent over in the trunk (I originally planned to solder everything but that just didn't prove realistic...for my back).

Next phase, install your door & kick drivers and continue to run off the MS-8's internal amps. By that time you'll start getting comfortable with the MS-8, playing around with different X-over points.

Lastly add your amps and subs and shout "Holy Crap, size does make a difference". Life is too short to live with bad sound.
Appreciate 0