View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #257
A4RingedONE8T
Private
Rep
Drives: Turbo ///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
its alot of money to spend on tuning, but not alot on a sports car. z4mr in the states goes for 26-30k. add 35k to modifications and you have a car cheaper than a brand new, bone stock m3. its pretty good bang for buck even though its a pretty crazy build
I agree completely! The tuning scene has turned to a very difficult one as well with plenty of very fast cars coming off the showroom floor these days. For me though, very few of them are too appealing with their modern day electronics and gadgets that really take away from the fun of the platform. Using a more "raw" platform, regardless of what appeals to you, yet making it perform with or even better than current day stats, that's what its all about. Regardless of the money, as long as you're happy with what you've built, drive it and care for it as you should, nothing wrong with a big investment in a car that's a few years old or worth a nominal amount

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnmra View Post
OK, at the risk of getting flamed, I'm just super curious what this guy does for a living? I mean the time, money and energy spent doing this is incredible, and for all intents and purposes I'm ubber-jealous....I mean even all the photos/editing is incredibly time consuming. Hat's off to 'ya!

Not only do I take a lot of personal pride in the pieces I fabricate, I also love to document everything along the way. Not only for the customer but for my own collection. On top of building this car start to finish, I have done all of the photography you see here and all of the editing. This isn't something that was requested by or paid extra for by the customer, it's just what I do =)

I appreciate everyone's comments since we started this project, I know it's been a long time coming with some waiting in between but the end is finally in sight! I'm most definitely ready for some results and more importantly ready to see Trevor and Marcus's impressions of the car when they see it for the first time in person. The work that went into this car looks great in pictures, but it definitely is nothing like seeing it in person where you can easily see every detail and every minute spent on the build throughout the car. Anyone that's local or wants to make the trip to see the car whether here in FL or back in Cali when it returns home, it's worth the effort to see first hand, I promise!

Thanks again everyone

-Shawn-
Appreciate 0