SmartBastard
Stupid as shit
Austria
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
These helmets aren't designed for your average HPDE champions. SA helmet standards are designed for real Motorsports where they put the top tree finishers at the end of the day on a podium, where roll over dangers and fire dangers are REAL.

And most of these guys would like to walk away from a roll over accident.
I understand what you are saying and agree, however I'm just going for my first track day and wanted my own helmet. It's a very empty track and I wont be pushing it to the limits (my own and/or the car's) so I hope I wont be "needing" the helmet at all

I shouldn't post it in this topic since it's about HPDE championship, but I was looking for a helmet and found this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
ordering a helmet unseen and untried is the worst decision you can make. not only could you get the wrong size, but you could get a helmet too heavy, with poor visibility, or poor ventilation. its like buying race seats - u don't buy seats you've never sat in.

if u are in NJ go to stable energies in garfield nj. they have about 3 dozen helmets to try on.

if you are in New England area - go to HMS Motorsports.

for other areas, please list where you can go.
Yes, I know, read about this several times and I know I'm making a mistake already. I picked a helmet with a very neutral shape and did all test I could find to figure out what kinda size/shape I should buy. The helmet comes with additional padding to suit your head perfectly and also has a very good ventilation (for motorcycle helmet). I hope it's gonna be okay. About the visibility, I heard that motorcycling helmets have in general bigger visors and this special one was praised about having a very nice view out of it (as for a motorcycling helmet).

Will let you know how it went when I have my first track day behind me. Meanwhile let me know how you feel about it after reading a review:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...met/nexx-xr1r/
Appreciate 0