View Single Post
      04-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #1
Messiah9000
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe 3.0si Manual M-Pack

M-size tires on 3.0si coupe

Hello,

I am planning to buy new tires for my 3.0si coupe (Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta is on my shortlist). I our country there are lot of rough roads and potholes etc. So with my current factory spec RFT Bridgestones the ride is awful - tramlining, nervous, unstable, harsh, high noise etc. I want to go one hight level up, that means M-size tires. Stock 18 inch is front 225/40 and rear 255/35 and I want to go front 225/45 and rear 255/40. I have stock 18 inch wheels, 8 front and 8.5 rear. Has anyone tried M tire sizes with stock wheels? Comments I've read in different forums are not conclusive, some say rear will rub, some say it fits and drives fine.

Second question is that is there any tire manufacturers that make M-tire sizes without XL load marking? Sessanta is XL only. XL means higher load capacity and therefore stiffer sidewall. Stiffer sidewall means more tramlining and harsher ride. I've read a lot about tires the past few days and most folks say that Sessanta is the quietest and softest tire with XL marking. But does any manufacturer make this size without XL?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0