03-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #24
polar
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Z4MC07

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Sooooo excited to get these on, and so let down by the experience. I've run loud Corsa's on my old SRT-8, a straight-thru system on my turbo B-20 '73 Volvo 142, hell even my current turbo 62 Beetle is tame compared to this thing - and it's a beast!

It's not even the fact that my change rattles in the ashtray when I drive around town, or that my voice trembles when I'm on Bluetooth (which has been rendered inoperable).

I don't give a rip about drone, or my in-cab experience at all. My door panels could fall off from the vibration, and I wouldn't care.

But it's the disconcerting amount of db this thing throws outside of the car. On top of that, this thing sounds like a 92 Civic with a huge fart-can driving around town. I don't think the carpet matches the drapes.

Does it tone down at all once it's get carbon-ed up? I mean, women duck when I drive by and god forbid I give it any throttle in a tunnel or over-pass.

I feel like I'm slinking down in my seat, embarrassed by the whole ordeal. Looks like I'll be on the Stromung group-buy despite my loathing for the last experience I had with them.

There'll be a brand new set of RPI exhaust up for sale soon.

TLDR: Hear these in person before you throw down your $.
Lol, I remember when I first had these installed. I almost farted myself on the test drive... then I drove past some cows and caused a stampede!

I have tailored some kilos of sound deadening panels to fit under the trunk carpets and back panels. This takes most of the drone away.
I have euro headers and it may be so that this combination makes the RPi:s extra drony?

Hehe, and your right, your voice really vibrates when you (try to) talk!

Last edited by polar; 03-14-2014 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0