03-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #173
philjw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Big update incoming (sorry intgr8r! you may not like the news).

The lead time for developing a full kit from Ohlins is going to be 4-6 months. They thought they could re-use the front Z4 race car parts (which also uses a modified e36 front) but instead, they'll have to make something new for us. Hence the long lead time.

Ohlins will only supply the shock bodies. Which means we will have a choice of camber plates, RSMs, rear height adjusters and springs (hyperco or swift).

The good news is that we're going to be able to put together a package with significant savings. I can't guarantee exact numbers but the whole kit (with rsms, springs, height adjusters and camber plates) will be less than 3650.

I want to highlight how great a price this is. These are the best shocks, the best springs (swift) and the best camber plates on the market all for less money than KW Clubsports. Being able to piece together the best of what's available is a big win for us. Bundling them we're going to get a killer price.

So even though it's going to take longer than I expected, I am really happy with how this is turning out.
Sorry that I'm a bit behind the curve here, but where does this GB stand in terms of timeline to commit, when $$$ would be due, etc.? Sounds very intriguing, but having just bought my '07 Z4MC, I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet, and this really might be (read: likely is) overkill for me.
Appreciate 0