Thread: APEX Arc 8?
View Single Post
      05-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

The ARC-8 wheel is perfectly fine for the street.

The wheels are VIA certified and tested in Japan and meet the JWL standard. All the fitments are designed for track use and focused on the needs of track going customers. They are not track only wheels. We weren't focused on offsets and fitments that made a performance sacrifice in trade for aesthetics.

The JWL standard is created to show that a wheel can hold up to the required abuse levels for street use. You can find our wheels listed on VIA's database.

You will not find Forgestar wheels on that database as they were never tested by the VIA and do not meet the requirements set by the JWL standard. Alufelgen claims to be VIA but I do not see them listed at all. I also haven't found VMR listed. I know Alufelgen's and VMR's load ratings at least meet JWL requirements, which is better then nothing, but still odd if they claim to be certified.

GothM,

sorry about that fitment mixup. It was the second and most recent time that I've done that out of 1500+ shipped wheels, which is why i immediately sent you the correct fitment wheel prior to even receiving the incorrect wheels. I'm glad to see the fitments working out well.
Appreciate 0