View Single Post
      01-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #24
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Look, I've been saying from the very first post in this thread pretty much the same thing. Do you have a problem reading? Don't be under the false assumption that you can take this particular production car with the stock system (even with pad and fluid upgrades) and push it hard and expect things to hold up.

Having said that, some production cars are better at brake cooling out of the box than others due to the design of the cooling vanes of the rotors and how flow is directed at/through the wheel well (I think some p-cars have a simple part that snaps onto the suspension for instance to direct air toward the inside of the wheel for instance, etc.)
No, you said specifically "don't give me any of that "don't overuse the brakes line"" And that's exactly what I'm giving you. If you're overheating them you are overusing them. They cannot take constant balls out laps, and if you are you're overusing them. Saying otherwise means you assume that BMW should have fit the car with brakes that could and that's totally unrealistic. You have to conserve them, period.

And again, to drive the point home, even stoptechs or brembos on the car with Rcomps can be "overused" without forced air cooling in place. So even if BMW fitted them which is COMPLETELY unrealistic we would be in the same boat.