View Single Post
      03-02-2016, 06:22 PM   #103
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
On Friday, February 27, CBS's 48 Hours aired an episode about the Yancy Noll murder titled "A Student of Murder". Unfortunately, I missed the original airing because I didn't know it was going to be on. Fortunately, it is available to stream online at the CBS/48 Hours website. It's also available On Demand on DirecTV and is available there until 4/1, however, it's not in HD, and you can't skip the commercials.

It was one thing to follow this case through the media at the time, but quite another to see how the prosecution accumulated all of their evidence (although 48 hours didn't cover some of it), and to actually see footage of this sociopathic scumbag at his trial, and particularly at his sentencing. The recordings of his jail house conversations with his (now) ex-wife were particularly disturbing. Narcissistic personality disorder for sure with a severely distorted view of reality (much like another high-profile personality currently in the media).

From time to time after the trial I would try to find out why Jennifer Bowman (now Jennifer Alexander) was never charged with aiding and abetting Dinh Bowman, but now I know why. A bad decision by the prosecutor to be sure.

Aside from the cold-blooded murder, it was sad to see Bowman's Z4 M Roadster languishing in a police warehouse, gathering dust, with the top still down no less. It was absolutely instrumental in police finding and prosecuting Bowman; of all the cars to use in such a public murder, with witnesses! If he had used a Camry, he may never have been found, but then I never would have had any interest in the case in the first place.

There's a lot of comments on the 48 Hours Facebook page if you're interested. The first post about the broadcast is on February 27 at 2:07 PM. Most of the comments are on the posts dated February 28, the day after this was broadcast.

And last, but not least, here is the Yancy Noll Memorial page on Facebook.

Appreciate 0