View Single Post
      05-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #7
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

FINALLY got a chance to install mine. I'll post some supplemental pix and associated write-up when I get a chance.

I completely removed the TCU and the bracket it was on. To do that, I had to remove more of the panels to get access to do that. The mounting holds in the BlueBus are meant to use some of the mount locations on the TCU bracket, but the stock harnessing is not long enough to reach that far w/o undressing the OE harness and separating out the 2 required harness legs. I wasn't about to do that so I used a couple strips of super velcro to install mine (same location as bwright657).

I did forget to put on the 2 nuts on the far left of the bracket that holds the amp....I'm figuring the other nuts on it will be enough; especially since there is very little mass on the left side. Obviously, I discovered this after I put the last trim panel back in....hence my decision.

The momentary blinker feature is nice. The one gripe I have is you can't cancel it once it starts. I might drop it from 5 blinks to 3 for just that reason.

So far, no regrets! I have a Grom BT3 for sale if anyone is interested. It's in excellent condition and I have all the harnesses and manuals.