View Single Post
      05-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #18
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Rick, thanks again for another one of your wonderful trip reports! I always enjoy them, and your research, storytelling, and last but not least, your photography, never fail to draw me in and enthrall me.

I'm glad to hear that you are putting all of your trip reports together on a website. As many here have mentioned previously, your travels and research deserve to be compiled, and if it's not going to be in a book, then I guess that a website will be the next best thing. Also, easier to update and the photos may actually look better on a screen than in a book. I look forward to it.

The exif info for your photos shows "ILCE-6300" and a Google search revealed that you've moved on to a Sony Alpha mirrorless camera. Many of my photographer friends, including a friend who works as an evangelist at Adobe, have made the same move. In his case, he abandoned his more than 20 year history with Canon. I recently upgraded my trusty Canon Rebel TXi, but I went more old-school and upgraded to the much more capable EOS 80D. I find myself consulting the manual frequently, constantly amazed at all the features on these newer cameras. A far cry from my old Minolta SRT-101 SLR that I started with!

As for moving on to different cars, I still own my "they just don't make them like that anymore" Z4 M Roadster, which is how I became acquainted with you on this forum, although I've since added an M4 to the stable a couple of years ago, so I don't frequent this forum as much as I used to.

May the wind be always at your back. I hope that you enjoy many more travels and I look forward to every one of them!

Appreciate 0