View Single Post
      04-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #42
45ACP
Long Live the 1911
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hooptie

Garage List
This group buy is dead in the water as it is now. I seriously doubt we'll get 8 more participants by tomorrow (or even if the deadline was extended by another week) to qualify for the 15 minimum order discount. When I let Stromung know the situation this morning, and that perhaps the poor economic times has people wanting to spend less, their response was basically: That's too bad -- let us know if you want to try this again in the future. They don't care about losing the 7 committed customers we have now, let alone willing to make an exception or give a larger discount for 10.

I've had experience running over two dozen group buys over the years and this is the first one that's crashed and burned. Quite disappointing considering this is a quality product that costs significantly less than other non-custom options.

Questions are:

1) Will the 7 current participants be willing to settle for the 10-order minimum discount of 10%?

2) If all 7 current participants agree to stay on, can we get another 3 by tomorrow (or in another week with an extension)?
Appreciate 0