View Single Post
      04-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

First of all, I had exactly 170lb of tools and equipment in the trunk. So, it was exacerbating any bump. I ended up raising the car a few millimeters in the back. I also went back in and found it was rubbing against the rear portion of the wheel well. Basically, right at the junction point where the rear fender meets the rear bumper. I trimmed more metal from that area, but it is still to close for comfort. I trimmed enough from the upper well edge metal (rolling the fenders wouldn't get me this much clearance) where it can travel fully without ever touching the tire, even with a bit less camber.

I also adjusted all four shocks to 3 dampening value (goes from 0 to 32) to soften it up. Big difference in daily driving. I think anything more than 8 is just too stiff and aggressive for these cars (on the street).

My liner is getting worn both on the inside and on the outside edges. I agree with Platinum: these tires are extremely square.

As for the fonts, I haven't noticed a clearance issue but rolling the fronts seems like a tougher task since there isn't much metal in the way there. Seems to be the liner which is causing more issues, especially where the front bumper meets the fender.

I'm at a point where I can drive fairly aggressive and not rub anywhere, granted no pot holes or major road dips are encountered. Once I have a 150lb passenger, I have to slow down. These cars drop quite a bit when there is just a small amount of weight added.

This could have all been solved if I went with less aggressive sidewall tires or narrower tires.