View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

I'm simply not used to running that much. In my past,we tend to run positive camber in the rear due to the high power squat of the Supra and needing full contact patch to put the power down. With the Z4, how do you guys maintain full contact patch in the straightaways with this much rear camber?

The fronts were always a toss up, but 3deg seems very track-specific.

Anyone running this much camber on a daily or weekend vehicle without wear issues? (Toe zeroed out)

Agreed the BCs on full stiff were not soaking anything up. I was cringing in the coupe anytime I went over simple man hole covers; it was that bad. They need to be softened up as they run fine that way, but I am fighting keeping the tires from shredding at the moment. I'm also certain part of the issue here is the 130lb weight in the rear, which isn't normal (I was dragging all of my corner balance and alignment equipment to a location for a demo using the Z4). But, with another passenger in the car, this may still be a concern.

One other thing on the rears: Instruction manual is very vague on adjusting ride height at the spring perch vs. adjusting the shock body. It seems to suggest perch and shock body need to both be adjusted equally. Unfortunately, there was no reference point for the shock, thus I just left it as it was from the box. Need to call BC to figure this out.

The fronts are on full negative lock. I essentially dropped the shock a tad, slide over the shock pillow mount as far possible to the inside (engine bay side), locked the allen screws, and then pushed the shock in even further on its three mounting studs. This gave me nearly -3deg on both fronts.

While I'm at it, corner balanced to 50.8%, with 50.8% weight in the front, 49.2% in the rear. Vehicle weight 1/4 tank gas: 3130lbs.

Last edited by dre99gsx; 04-14-2013 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0