Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Guys,

I've always loved the E85 and I think I'm finally ready to become an owner!

I found a cherry 2004 2.5L Roadster (Silver, Black Leather, Brushed Aluminum). The car is basically brand new. It's only got 17,000 miles on it. The original owner says he only drove it on the weekend and it definitely looks like it. I could not find anything wrong with it (not even a little scratch or any curb rash). The car has been sitting in a parking garage all this time and is basically brand new and loaded. It's got the Sports Package, Premium Package, clear bra, and Cold Weather Package.

Here's my issues.

Will I regret going with the 2.5 vs the 3.0? I have driven both and the 2.5 felt like it had plenty of power for me. I'd like to have the extra power but I don't think I'll be able to find a 3.0 anywhere near as nice as this car and I need to act ASAP. I have located a 2005 3.0 in my area that has the exact same color combo. It's a one owner vehicle being sold by a broker. It has 25,000 miles and is loaded (sports, premium, zenons, etc.). It also has an automatic transmission. My problems with this vehicle are curb rash on the front bumper, scratches in the paint to the passenger side skirt, a really small ding to the passenger side front fender (right on the crease), a stain to the plastic on the passenger side door, and curb rash to all 18" wheels. It's also being sold by a broker. I'd prefer to buy a used car from an original owner.

Back to the cherry 2004 2.5L. It's a 5 speed manual. I'd prefer an automatic but I'm thinking a manual would be more fun and I wouldn't have to worry about expensive repairs to an automatic in the future.

Last issue I have with the car. It doesn't have Zenon headlights. Could I replace the stock headlights with OEM Zenon's? Would this be plug and play or more complicated?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I need to pull the trigger on the 04 ASAP so please chime in.
My first BMW! I loved it and you will too im sure. Good mileage, non xenon,auto. Fun car! Perfect car for the "sound generator mod"
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0