tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
I thought you were Evolve all the way?

The problems you are all having are NOT indicative of a Euro header install. When done correctly there should be no CEL, no 'readiness' fault, and no other issues (except a huge grin across your face).

ESS pioneered this tech for our cars (specifically), and their tune is flawless.
PLEASE READ:
I am certainly not evolve all the way, nor ESS all the way. I bought an ESS supercharger and i will use its tried and tested tune.

When I installed EURO headers and relocated the EGT and post-O2 sensors to Spipe, i didn't have any code with the stock tune nor with the evolve tune.
When i de-catted the S-pipe, then problems started happening. (this is the fact of the story)

Just to clarify something to you and other people on the forum and to be fair to all parties:
I was in the market for a tune: there was either ESS or Evolve, evolve had better customer relationship and was cheaper and they explained to me exactly what the tune does, so i bite, that's it.

Evolve tune: Currently, I have reported good gains on butt dyno with EGT and O2 codes still present, it might be throttle mapping effect and my car could be putting out less power than stock. i don't know and frankly after 3 months with codes waiting for a tune to fix it, this is unacceptable customer service but i am still patient since i will install the supercharger soon and the N/A evolve tune will be worthless to me.

I apologize about saying that i do not trust any other tuner other than evolve, i pull back that statement. AJ from ESS is a serious tuner and has gotten a very impressive Z4M SC tune after talking to my Z4M SC ESS owners. If your ESS tune is flawless then this doesn't surprise me and i hope you enjoy your car as much as i do with the evolve tune. (even though i am now considering dynoing stock vs evolve to see if the gains are really there or if its just throttle mapping)

Last edited by tikamak; 03-16-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0