View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

No, but there is a local here that I hung out with a few times that had the Remus, and I also sold him my aFe. We rode around in each others cars and he was part of that exhaust video we did.

I'd say it was about the same from the cabin (GruppeM vs. Remus), but outside the car, the Remus was louder (his car was much louder when I was standing outside of it compared to when I was riding in it).

You might want to get more opinions from people that own Remus to comment on the sound above and below 4K, mine was only from a few rides and meet ups.

Yeah, I've had both intakes, and they do really sound vastly different. The aFe was loud and more bassy, the GruppeM wasn't as loud but the overall sound was just way more exotic and detailed. aFe was more of a roar, GruppeM was more of a growl. But yes, the sound is roughly in the same RPM range...aFe started getting louder at a lower RPM than GruppeM, but the GruppeM sounded louder at above 7K to me.

Also, I know there is a local here that is trying the DKF hangers, plus dynamat'ing his trunk with his RE Diablo setup. When he finishes that I'm sure there will be a writeup on how it affects the drone.
Appreciate 0