View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 06:07 AM   #1
wigwig
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

E85 3.0i can't start in the cold

I was having this problem in November last year, and the mechanic told me it was due to a blown head gasket. Over the last few months I was able to do that on my own, and about a week ago I was able to get it running and driving perfectly fine, however this morning it was extra chilly (32F) and when I went to try starting it, it would idle very rough for 10-15 seconds and then it seemed like it was stalling and would just die on me (no engine codes when it dies). I only tried a few times, because I didn’t want to break anything, and I tried giving it a little gas on the last attempt but that made it die instantly. I’ve searched a lot for other people with similar issues, but the only cases I could find were resolved by cleaning the IAC valve and throttle body, both of which I’ve already done. I also already replaced the coil packs, injectors, spark plugs, CCV, head gasket,and timing components, and I have no idea what could be wrong. I’m going to follow up with my mechanic later today, but if anyone has any ideas/suggestions it would be much help. Thanks.
Appreciate 0