02-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
As stated in my PM response to you, go with the Porsche clubs as they usually have better instructors and they allow convertibles. Any BMWCCA sanctioned group will not allow any kind of drop-top auto.
The BMW CCA seems to have a ton of rules that are making me not want to run their HPDEs. I was about to sign up for a NJ BMW CCA event at Monticello but then I came to find out that they will not let you run if you have window tints. WhenI asked why I was told that it because following drivers need to be able to see through your rear window to cars in front. Now I don't know about you but I am never looking through the rear window of the car infront to cars in front of that car. Hell with the M Coupe I would argue that it is almost impossible for a following driver to look through my rear window at track speeds even with no tint since the actual space you can look through is the size of a mail slot. And looking through the mail slot is only possible if you are in a car as low as the M Coupe. If you in a higher car you just going to be looking over the roof. They said I could bring my car to the NJ Chapter tech inspector cause it is a case by case issue but I think I am just going to stick with PCA track days. Better group of cars, instructors, they don't have all these weird rules and the best part is they are cheaper! I us signed up for a two day HPDE at NJMP for only $275! Good thing I have a PCA membership.. I might even not renew my BMW CCA membership now. It might be worth it just for the magazine but other then that I use the PCA membership more.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0