Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
How do the two compare/which do you like better?

Visually, my vote goes to the SS powerloops
It is a very hard call. Off-throttle, they are about the same. Nice gurgles and pops from both. Hard throttle, especially in upper gears, the vote goes to the Supersprint Powerloops. They sort of growl. That's nice. For more relaxed driving, the vote goes to Stromung. The Stromung make a nice exhaust note where the Supersprint is practically silent in relaxed driving.

I wanted to try the Supersprint, because I was getting some droning especially under load in 6th gear with the Stromung, but I'm getting it with the Supersprint, as well, though it is reduced. So, I now think it is something further up the exhaust chain. Something is probably touching a heat shield or something is torqued too tight. I noticed when I would tap my passenger side exhaust, it returned a thud, but when I tapped the driver's side exhaust, it had a resonance. I think that is the source of the drone. That side is resonating somewhere beyond the muffler.

As far as construction, the Supersprint Powerloop is a heavy exhaust. It's made very well. Very nice welds. The Stromung is quite a bit lighter, but it is also made well, but the nod on construction probably goes to the Supersprint Powerloop. The Supersprint also has slots in the mounting brackets. That is a brilliant idea. Fitment was very easy with stock hanger hardware with the Supersprint. To get the best fitment with the Stromung, the DKF hanger is very handy.

I do like the slightly bigger size of the tips of the Supersprint, but the rolled edge of the Stromung tips look nicer to my eye. If the Stromung tip size was larger, I would prefer the Stromung. Probably personal preference that will go 50/50 in a crowd.

I am keeping the Supersprint Powerloop, but if I hadn't had the droning, I would have never even looked at another exhaust, and it probably was never the Stromung causing the droning. You really can't go wrong with either of these exhausts if you want something louder and deeper than stock, but don't want an exhaust that sets off car alarms.

BTW, I correct my initial picture. I had it listed as Stromung Installed, but it should have read Supersprint Installed.

Salty
Great review. Sounds like a coin toss to me!

Thing with the wider tips--great for street but on track can move and melt plastic.
Appreciate 1