View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #87
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydgti View Post
I have ohlins on my bike and love them. I don't track my car and have H&R springs on it now. Just wondering would it be a good idea to get this set up, advantages for street use??
As Intgr8r mentions, these will ride better on the street. They also have better high speed damping (dfv). All while performing when you're driving aggressively, H&R uses progressive springs, these are linear. The materials are also much more high tech: durable and treated, salt spray tested and all that. Read the second half of this post for more info and links.

I'm upgrading from KWs if that tells you anything. According to some H&R are harsh (although there are exceptions). Harsh is always a very relative term on these forums. For some KW clubsports are harsh, but some track junkies find them too soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
This needs to be confirmed.
Looking at the 3 series, it looks like this may not be the case
Don't they have the same adjusters? other picture.

I'll definitely add it to my list of questions: RSM, camber specs and how rear springs are adjusted.

Keep it up guys! Spend some time looking at E9X reviews on these coilovers, pretty much universally people love how they ride, the excellent performance and the fit and finish of these is absolutely top notch.

Last edited by beta; 02-10-2013 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0