02-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #31
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Nearing the end = connecting gauge

Gauge arrived - tried to take a pic before mounted and as the needle is in the upright position with no power it hides the M Emblem they put on = looks good. Speedhut has it in stock and same colour lights as M.

Now - how to drive yourself nuts - wired in the gauge wring harness with no connectors to make sure it worked = nothing - then all my lights went off @ WTF. Gauge was buzzing so pulled all wires, checked 20 fuses, re read wiring diagram - checked colours I used for leads - back and forth inside the car - then re-placed the wired in the correct sockets and for 3 seconds the lights came on= then they all went out again - Ready to tear the dash apart -- wait - put the voltmeter in the connections to see if I had swapped the constant power for the dimmer - read 4 volts so - nope thats the constant - THEN LIGHTBULB _ literally - battery is half dead = nothing works with low voltage headlights won't light - dash is off !!!

Put on charger - lights work - dimmer on gauge works = gauge centres.

So hooked up the electronic boost/vacuum sensor and it seemed to work when I started the car - read vacuum till I revved it a bit and then up to 0-1. I believe that the gauge wil not give accurate reading unless engine is under a load

SO - NEXT JOB -CUT THE HOLE !!!
Attached Images

2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 0