View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Why do parents bring their little kids to car shows?

There's two things at crowded car shows (like the NY Auto Show yesterday) that pisses me off:

1) Little 10 year olds who feel the need to sit in every car and play with every single radio knob & button, while their parent stands outside the car and while I stand outside waiting to go into the car myself. I don't blame the kids, I blame their goof-ball parents who see me standing there, anxiously breathing down on the glass, and do nothing about hurrying their little kid out of the driver's seat. At the NY Auto Show, I must have said to a dozen kids while they exited the cars, "So what'd ya think? Are you going to buy one?" They didn't get my humor.

2) Secondly, why on earth would a parent bring a kid in a stroller to an Auto show? I'm particularly talking about the NY Auto Show where it is always crowded to the max, wall to wall people. I almost wacked a few small kids in strollers when opening car doors. You can't see the strollers when opening the door. Another thing I have to worry about: little fingers getting caught in the closing doors. There are so many people going in and out of the cars, one of these days somebody is going to lose a finger, if they haven't already.

I think it's great that parents share their enthusiasm for automobiles at these auto shows. But perhaps the auto shows should set an age limit or at the very least, have one day that's child-free. That's just my opinion. It separates the people like myself who go purposely to cross compare different manufactures from people who go to play with all the knobs and radio buttons (and also steal them by evidence of so many of them missing from yesterday's vehicles). If this was done, it would cut my visit time in half. Plus, maybe Porsche would actually keep their vehicles unlocked, rather than have them locked to keep out the little kids who they know would ultimately destroy the interiors.

Rant over.

By the way, some of the smoking hawt models in the tight leather clad outfits almost made up for the aggravation yesterday. Almost.
Appreciate 0