02-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #18
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Sorry to hear this Nikki. At least you've got an appointment next Thurs. Is there any way to move that up? See if you can get it in sooner--call the service dept back and tell them the car is stalling and sluggish and non-responsive. See if they can get you in Monday.

Given the error code your gave us yesterday (injector control unit) something in the fuel/air system (injectors) is failing. Could be a lot of things--need a tech to track it down. It may have gone into limp mode as well (sluggish) to try and protect the engine.

Problems like these do not go away on their own and usually get worse. I would drive as a little as possible (if at all) in the meantime. It's not worth the risk of getting stranded or causing other secondary issues by continuing to drive it. Given the loaner issue (which I find mindboggling btw--don't these idiots think about future sales???) maybe you could say "<sigh>, wow, that's disappointing--is there any way you can be flexible on that...I was thinking about a new ____ in the next year or so, and, well, I'd really like to be able to work with you guys....??" or something along that line?
Yeah, I wish I could not drive it but unfortunately I don't have any other means of getting to work and back.

As for the loaner issue, it isn't that they won't give me one, it's that they don't have any available until Thursday. Only the first place said they couldn't give me one unless I bought the car there but then they did say they could give it to me as a one time courtesy but still not until the 15th since they were all booked up.

Appreciate 0