View Single Post
      10-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #316
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
VT2 500 vs 550: Bigger injectors (don't say the size like the 500), IC only 1cm fatter, 80mm pulley, new belt, different fuel pressure regulator and new ecu tune.

IMHO the only a diet you should make on the car is to remove all the softtop system and buy a CF hardtop with plexan glass and improved aero. This lowers insanely the center gravity of the car which will be felt right way in the first corners. Next would be lighter wheels, seats and exhaust. Other than that is just a waste of money. Lighter 18" wheels + taller tires + 4.10 diff ratio, should become a good combo for the lack of TQ without suffering traction issues. Gotta learn with HPF higher stages folks.

Nothing beat the rush of 996/7TT turbos kick in. Those cars are no joke and with just a exhaust and tune become truly amazing.
thx for the info. I'm not going to lose the soft top, thats the main reason I didn't get another car. I'm set on the wheels, just gotta work on the rest.

I installed the camber bolts today, using only 1 washer. I have visible front camber, but only about 2-3mm clearance at the front strut so I didn't want to risk it by adding another washer. No rubbing but the tire will deflect into the strut at the track. I'm gonna roll the fenders, and get very thin spacers