View Single Post
      10-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
I discounted the VF kit because of the Air/water intercooler. Air/water is only better than Air/Air if you use ice water. Once the water reaches ambient temperature it's downhill from there. I'm still not entirely sure what kind of intercooler the G-power uses since the description says "Air/water recuperator with front mount intercooler."

As to the orange: I agree, the G-Power is hideous, not so much the color but the design of it. If I did get the G-Power I'd powdercoat the whole thing black, blower included.

In the end for me it would be between ESS (proven, reliable) or G-Power (crazy torque at low psi).
The benefit of air to water intercooling is pretty apparent in the higher boost levels; the ESS kit looses boost through all the air to air intercooler piping. G-power uses the same type of air to water (via extra radiator at the front) system as VF. The reason air to water is actually better is because you don't loose boost while still getting cooling. Alternatively, you could do air to air and lose boost, but get better cooling; I'll take the higher boost.

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i
Appreciate 0