Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
i have a gruppe m intake on my m coupe and it completely replaces the oem airbox and filter. i am going to presume this is the same in the 3.0si as well. i do not, however, have the rpi scoop and cannot comment on its benefits. of course, just by virtue of its design, without a doubt it forces more air through the intake, and this effect increases with speed.

one thing i should add about a gruppe m, it frees up a lot more engine growl and the sound is absolutely intoxicating! at least on the s54 in the m coupe's....

did capristo get back with u?
No, Capristo have not yet answered, however, I will update this thread when they do.

I went through youtube in an attempt to find a 3.0si or at least a 3.0i with a Gruppe M Ram Air System, but there wasn't much there really. If anyone has it on without a lot of other mods, it would be appreciated if they could record the sound and post it here so we can hear it .

I have a question about the Gruppe M system though. Is the system's air filter replaceable or can I just clean it? And also on the Gruppe M website there is something called a Super Cleaner [Carbon Duct]: http://gruppem.co.jp/en/product/sc/index.html
Does anyone have any idea what this is used for? Is it an alternative for the Ram System?
Appreciate 0