09-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #120
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
What is being done to the car? Valves? Fluids? Rotors?

I'll be giving the DTC60s a try this Friday, probably won't push things much since I haven't spent as much time on the track this year as I wanted, and have done it with enough frequency. (And I have some specific things I want to focus on, so speed/time isn't my focus for this event.)

We'll see if they overwhelm the PSS tires (245/275). Stoptech street performance haven't faded on me since I've improved my braking technique, but they only last 2 days now, and are looking a bit over-cooked at the end of the second day. We'll see how these do.
Valves adjustment, Oil, Windshield to be changed... and a full inspection.
Rotors will change next tracking season I think.
Alignment will be done at a specialty shop near my place.

Where is your event this Friday? I liked the DTC60. Like I have said, they have lasted a total of 6 days... My braking technique is "very hard and for a very short distance"... I don't use nannies and I don't keep my foot on the brakes for any other reason than to brake hard.
So i did like them but wanted to try these performance friction 06. Same feel after 2 days.
The HT10s are still the most intense set I have tried with no room to modulate pressure from my foot.

I gather you use "racing" or some kind of high performance braking fluid...
Appreciate 0