01-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Harder Clear Coat ?

I did hear that the paint on some of the CSL replicas was prone to chip and having had them on for 50 miles and off and on 3 times for various reasons there is no doubt that they will chip - that said if I was to hit or scratch the door like I did the wheels they would probably chip as well.

Maybe they are no softer or less well painted than any other part - just more liable to get dinged. SO - CAN you put something like the nail hardener over them that women use on their fingers >?? Ultra hard clear coat or some such product.

Other problem I have seen all the time is trying to find touch up paint that will match and level off without needing a clear coat after it sets. I don't care what anyone says its frigging hard to fix a small chip - fill it up - smooth it off - clear coat or not - sand with 2500 - polish with the polish - still looks like a hole on the paint.

But I digress - Top coat ?????
2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 0