View Single Post
      07-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #18
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I'm keeping all my parts. Maybe I'm too lazy to sell them :P Although they take up a lot of space.......
Also, the parts that came of are mostly abundent on the 2nd hand market; everybody installs different body kits, exhausts, coilovers, bbk's, so they all have those parts lying around. Maybe a stock bumper is easily sellable if in good condition.
Like SD Z4MR said: exhausts get dumped. I've 'bought' a rear silencer for a pack of cookies... I'm going to cut it open to see if I can mod it to get better flow and larger pipe diameters....

I don't think I'd ever sell my car. But say I do, is it worth all the trouble to take off all the mods and sell them seperately?
I mean, I'd have to disassemble the diff to take out the quaife lsd, disassemble half the engine to take out the SC and Schrick cams etc etc. Headers are also a pain to install....

Maybe the front bbk is worth disassembly (cause it's an easy mod), but the rear bbk is completely custom. Not that it's irreversible (I've made it so that it is), but still.... who wants a custom bbk for which you'd have to adapt the rotor's with a lathe if you want new ones.... For me it's a breeze, but maybe not for the average guy.
Wheels and coilovers are of course very easy to switch.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0