12-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #76
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysV10 View Post
Hey Frank,

Not sure if I remember doing a reset. It was my final/solo lap of the day so I felt everything was coming together pretty good but there is no way that I was 110 through turn 4. I'll have to look at the data tomorrow when my head is not so fuzzy. BTW the new pads and rotors should arrive by Tuesday so I will have them on for the next trip to VIR. Do you guess swap your pads out at the track or are you running them full time?

Randy
Here's an example--the blue lap is from run 14, the others are from runs 4, 7 and 10 and their speed traces all make sense vs. the track map. On the blue lap, you can see what's obviously the 130+ peak speed on the back straight showing up--erroneously-- at turn 11. All the run 14 laps are like this.

Name:  Randy.png
Views: 1053
Size:  183.4 KB

It really does look like the start/finish "beacon" somehow got moved before your last run. Playing around with building a new track map from your data, the beacon looks to be in the correct place until you get to run 14, and it then moves to, variously, the Roller Coaster or the kink before turn 3. You might connect the Solo to your computer, launch GPS Manager, click 'Read" over on the right-hand (data logger) side, select VIR from the logger's list of tracks, and see what it says the start/finish lap beacon coordinates are. I have start/finish at lat 36.568571, long -79.207876. If yours has different coordiantes, enter them into Googke Earth and see where they place start/finish.

But what's wierd is that in your video, which is from run 14, the lap time resets in the proper place. You didn't manipulate start/finish in DashWare, right? Very strange...

Oh, and I swap rotors and pads at home, and then drive--cautiously--down to the track. Wasn't a big deal on the PFC 06s.