03-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #16
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
CPI has built me a set of 400 cell cats to pass OBD2 readiness. However, for smog testing, CPI can put in 400 cell California cats that are more restrictive (and expensive) but should pass sniffer.

By "rental cats" I mean that someone could purchase a set of California cats that fit the DKF system, and charge a set amount (like $50 plus a refundable damage deposit) for people to borrow the cats to pass sniffer. Once sniffer is passed, the cats are returned to the guy that actually owns them, and the deposit is refunded.

Customers could always purchase their own set of California cats, but that's a lot of money for a test that occurs every two years.

As far as timeline goes, CPI has made a jig to build catted attachments. If someone wants to test the DKF/CPI California cats, shoot me a PM. I can get you a prototype set (which won't be as pretty as the final product) for a significant discount. If you don't already have a DKF system, I can get those too. DKF wants to move their last few remaining sets from the last group buy, so I'm sure they'd be more than happy to do a resonators only system (plus the CPI attachment).

By the way, DKF is onboard with all of this, and they want to have a solution to the CEL before the next group buy.
I don't think sniffer is part of the test anymore... As long as the computer is good, test is good. I'll be interested in a s-pipe with installed bungs that'll give computer readiness. Kinda like StatusGruppe's s-pipe. If it's possible, could he bore out the pipe diameter after the cat? That way smog won't be affected but the flow would greatly increase.

We can even chip in for a CA "rental" setup with everyone that's around the area and just pass it around when someone needs it. Like a slut.
Appreciate 0