SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrinker View Post
My inclination would be to keep the M roadster and also get the M3. Things like food, electricity, and a kid's education are overrated at best!! Seriously, to mirror Nate's comments, the two are very different cars and both fantastic in their own ways. You can't go wrong with either and trying to choose between two M version BMWs is a pretty good problem to have...
This is actually what I'm planning to do.

We did European Delivery on my wife's 335is Coupe in May 2011. This was such a fantastic experience that we just have to do it again. At the time I had a 2000 S2000, bought new and long since paid off, and it was just a matter of figuring out what car I would want that we could go and pick up in Munich. I was pretty sure I wanted an M, but an E92 M3 would be too similar to my wife's car, an M5 was out of the question, and we needed to space out the purchases a few years anyway. Of course I was never going to sell the S2000, I would probably just lease the new car for 3 years and turn it back in, but I'd always have the S2000.

In the meantime I saw and drove a Z4 M Roadster, fell in love with that, bought one, and sold my S2000. That will probably push the ED out a couple more years, but I don't plan on selling the Roadster.

Now with the new M4 that seems like a likely prospect and the timing will probably work just right for European Delivery in May/June of 2016. Of course, now there's rumors of an M2, the Z2 has been revived again and maybe there would be a Z2 M, but we've got at least 2-3 years to find out.

Appreciate 0