06-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #11
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
2010 SCCA rules, see bottom of page 75 and 76. I don't know whether washers are a "modification is specifically authorized by the factory shop manual for non-competition purposes." I don't know if it's really anything to worry about if you use them (not easy to spot like plates) and don't go too crazy--especially since it sounds like you would go with a more square setup for autox and revent to staggered for street. Maybe -2.0 on the front with washers and a square or squarish setup for autox? W/O pins some folks claim to have reached -2.0, so getting to -2.0 isn't beyond what the stock setup will support, in some cases--maybe I'm being a bit "flexible" in my interpretation of things however....
It is possible to get around -2 in the front with just the pins pulled but it takes a good alignment shop. I was able to get -1.9 on both fronts where as my bro was able to get -2.0 on the passenger side and -1.9 on the drivers side. He settled with -1.9 because no matter what they tried they could not get the other side to -2.0. I also used the turner camber bolts (really just a glorifed washer kit) for a summer of tracking and liked it. The extra bit of camber we were able to get vs other people might also be due to the fact that we both had H&R springs on.

At my current -2.5 I am able to fit 255/35/18 R888s in the front on the stock 18s but It does require a spacer. I use a 15mm spacer because its what I have for my ZCPs but you could really get away with a 10mm or less. The 15mm does look bad ass though and I actually have less rubbing with 15mm spacer and the 255s then I did with the 245 and no spacer. In fact I actually have no rubbing at all with the 255 set up... most likely due to the slightly shorter 255/35/18 tire

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0