View Single Post
      04-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
BGR
Captain
Rep
Drives: C7 GS 7MT; e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
I think he saw "Z4C" and "track" and automatically thought M.

BGR: Looks good, but by the time you're done with Phase 3 or 4, you could've just bought a Z4M for the same price. Obviously as an enthusiast you're probably doing it for the fun of modding, not to turn the 3.0si into something that can outperform a stock Z4M on the track. What's the 8.5" front wheel in Phase 3? You just put on new wheels...
The current fronts are only 7.5". My goal is to find another pair of rears like the ones on the car and use them for the front.

Right now I'm at $20k total including car, parts, and install costs. After phase 2 gets installed, this car will be more capable on the track than a stock Z4M, with lower insurance and upkeep costs. And like you said, this is more of a unique, enthusiast project. I've never gone "all out" building a track car so it is fun for me.

Also, for what it's worth, the dealer I bought the car from includes a lifetime powertrain warranty with used cars under 100k miles. I think my rear flex disc and/or center support bearing/driveshaft is on its way out so we will see how easy they are to work with when it comes to
Appreciate 0