11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
knsaber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Roadster Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
What kind of oil did you use? did you change your filter and how much oil did you put in?
It seems bizarre to me that just 500 miles after your oil change you are encountered with this issue.

How do you drive your car? any issues encountered earlier? heat issues? where does the oil needle stand on street driving as well as track driving if any.
I did the oil change with friend, everything purchased from the dealer, the oil (10-60) and filter, done to spec.

I did redline a few times on the track, but the instructors are more interested in you learning smooth lines before shifting, especially when I hadn't learned heel-toe yet. I could've stayed at 4th gear the whole time, except whenever he wanted me to power out of a turn, 4th wasn't enough and I would understeer. When learning to heel-toe, I would mis-shift once in a while but always kept the clutch depressed if it didn't feel right, and got a few perfect heel-toes, albeit they were at higher rpm's.

I assume the S54 engines aren't built for beginners to learn heel-toe on :P

Still waiting to hear back from Bimmer Clinic, the bearings should have arrived.