View Single Post
      05-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
crawlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M

Well I might of made a mistake

I just traded in my Black M Coupe for an Black E92 Vert M3 with the V8 thinking I was getting a better car. In a lot of ways I did such as everyday driver and comfort for sure but as far as handling this thing is a Pig and doesn't handle anywhere near as precise as my Z! Also for being a V8 up top accel meaning 80-90mph and up it seems the same. One of my friends always commented that the Z pulled strong up top and when he got in the car with me he said yea it seems about the same as the Z. It for sure is faster off the line and down low without a doubt, Launch control with the DCT would leave a Z far behind off the line. Also the e92 doesn't get as upset over bumps like the Z did even with the suspension in its harshest setting. I drove the Z to the limit all the time and got to know the car well.

One thing I love about the E92 is its a hardtop vert looks super nice top up or down. The main thing I think which is affecting my decision is the vert weighs roughly 450lbs more then a hardtop coupe which is nuts. But to be honest I think since it weighs so much is why it takes off so hard off the line, there's barely any wheel spin with only the 255 stock michelins. Also the trans is awesome, great drive-ability and there's no way your shifting faster in a manual. Also tons of setting to play with for your M button.

If anybody is thinking of making the switch to one feel free to ask me first about it or seriously get the coupe unless you really love the vert like I do.( I also plan on supercharging this thing to make it an even match lol)

All in all to me its no where near as much as a purist car as my old M coupe but the girls like the new one better if anybody cares about that( I don't). Don't jump in one thinking your getting the same feeling as your M coupe, It's just not as rewarding to drive even though the V8 sounds nasty all the way up to 8300 RPM

I'll try to compare across the board with these 2 cars. If anybody wants to argue these you better have driven both cars first.

E92 M3 Vert Z4

Motor---------------------E92- Well its better for sure Hp/Tq/Sound----------------------Z4- Strong motor of course but not as nice, better MPG---------------------------
---------------------------Also Rev's higher. Not as nice in low RPM's------------------------w/ aggressive driving.--------------------------------------------------------------

Steering-------------- E92- Not as good no matter the mode and---------------------------Z4 Much better feel and response -------------------------------------------------------------------------------worse turn in---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brakes------------------E92- Better system but car weight seems to-------------------------Z4-Better long term grab but has noticeable fade------------------------------
--------------------------------make them worse-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ride----------------------E92- Way better handles bumps nicer,-------------------------------Z4-Stiff and Bouncy, unsettles over bumps because----------------------------
--------------------------------seems like your going slow at 90 lol--------------------------------of short wheelbase------------------------------------------------------------

Suspension------------E92- Nice to have multiple settings but not as---------------------------Z4-Super aggressive, better handling for sure-------------------------------
-----------------------aggressive as and has worse turn in, less-------------------------------------Balanced near perfect, it does like to bite back--------------------------
------------------------likely to oversteer, straigtens out nicer.---------------------------------------a lot more if you F*** up, not for faint of heart or P*****-------------
------------------------Very nice daily ride and good roadtrip car---------------------------------Harsh everyday ride(Your a dick or are 16 if you say otherwise lol)------

Seats-----------------E92- Better for everyday, Much worse for track-------------------Z4- Some of the best factory seats I have been in as far as------------------------
----------------------days or spirited driving. (i'm not a big guy------------------------holding you in seatbelt or not. Great track seats no need----------------------------
----------------------but not small either and I slide around a lot.----------------------for upgrade for track days for the average guy. Harsh for everyday-------------- ------------------------------Seatbelt needed for spirited driving---------------------------------use kind of but they are still better then your civic, rough if your above---
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------200lbs and not a fit guy. I fit like a glove honestly so biased maybe.----------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Not a tall guy car------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interior--------------E92- Its better and more comfortable easy, --------------------Z4- Not as nice but it flows well and is simple especially with no navi-------------
----------------------------it's also newer tech if you appreciate that-------------------------Radio is dated, bmw doesn't have this right till its newest cars.---------------
----------------------------sort of thing.---------------------------------------------------------Steering wheel is best ever, its just awesome.----------------------------------

Exterior--------------E92- Well it loses even though I like the vert top-----------------Z4- Just classic and sleek and will always look good. E92 loses----------------------------------------------- over the E92 coupe better. ------------------------------------------and I now own one and still won't lie to myself thinking it looks better.------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------People always asked what that was and said I thought it was a newer car--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------when I told them the year. Black hardtop,--------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Automatically makes you a Badass !!!!!!!!-------------------------------------

NOT SURE IF THERE A MORE AREA'S TO COMPARE

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I also just picked up this a few weeks ago if anybody cares

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by crawlin; 05-23-2017 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mirko182.00