10-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
Roland
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Those look great Roland! I am going to pick a set of matte black csl's over the winter and put them on in the spring. Then I can put some r comps on the stockers. The only difference is that I think I am going to go with 19" csl's. Is there any particluar reason you went with 18" over 19"?
Thanks - I'm doing the exact same thing. My stock wheels will be getting a set of r-comps before next spring. These new black ones are now my street wheels. I went with the 18" wheels because I didn't want to sacrifice any ride comfort or increase the potential of wheel damage due to potholes by going with the lower profile tires I'd have with 19". Also, if I ever elect to use these wheels for r-comps, they will be less expensive and I'll have more options (some r-comps don't come in or are way more expensive in a 19").

Lastly, because they are practically the same color as the tires - the visual difference between running an 18" vs. a 19" isn't there (with wheels that are chrome or have a chrome rim - seeing a 19" wheel does look better than an 18" - but when the wheel and tire blend together as in this case, it just doesn't make much difference to my eye - so why incur the cost or discomfort of upsizing?).