Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
XMetal had SS Sports (edit: they may have been Race. Not sure.) and I had REs. When I met him to give a listen to my new Stromungs we compared notes on the previous setups we had run and it seemed like they were fairly similar - LOTS of drone. I wanted to cut my ears off after an hour in my coupe on the highway with the windows up with REs (drone-free my ass). Now, if I were just trying to go all out and have a strictly (or mostly at least) track car, I'd absolutely use REs. They do sound good...the drone is just unbearable for extended driving in my opinion. So, I'm really just echoing ncnmra's point. Make sure you like 'em before you go to all the trouble.
Agreed...Stromungs are perfect for our cars, IMHO. I had the SS Race and it does drone under 3K or 3.5K, if I recalled correctly (I didn't had them on too long prior to yanking them off). It gets quieter at the higher rev range.

OP...Be careful in packaging those muffler tips if you're gonna stuff them in a duffel bag. Those SS Race tips are made of really thin and soft steel and would get dinged very easily.
Appreciate 0