View Single Post
      03-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #62
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4R E85 2.2i

So, ordered a few more bits recently such as new leds for the fog lights (brighter ones), door pins with BMW-logo and new wheels... So far, things are not going the way I wanted it :roll: The leds I received only have 27 smd though I ordered 68 smd types, so sent a mail to the seller. The door pins seemed pretty straight-forward to fit but I was able to mess up anyway... I pushed in the new door pin on one side, it didn't go in deep enough. So figured I'd take it back off again to trim down the rubber inside the door pin, do get a better fit. When pulling of the door pin, the part you push it onto was suddenly gone... Looking at some info on this forum, it seems to be a long bar coming up from half-way the door... so will have to take the door panels of to get a better fit... Might use the opportunity to put some roofing in the doors to get rid of the tinny door sound. Doors still open and close luckily. The weels are fine, but they have the wrong tyres on the rears. The guy I bought them from, put 225/35/19 on all 4 wheels. In the front it's a perfect fit, but at the back it just looks wrong with the wheels rings sticking out way too far... After a closer look, the wheel caps all seem to be different, so ordered a set of those as well. The little M's were missing too, so ordered that as well, which I just mounted, but still waiting for the wheel caps to arrive... Monday I'm getting new tyres for the rear: Marangoni Mythos, which seems to be OK according to some forum members. All 4 wheels will be balanced and I'll mount them on the car, hoping the wheels caps will arrive soon...