12-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #74
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Started the exhaust.. checking clearance

Mid-pipe, 3.5" SS

Custom muffler and dual tips

Some welds came out Ok, others were rushed. whatever...

Full exhaust sans downpipe. Yes, that's a cutout for a 3.5" valve. Rest of the exhaust is 3" to the muffler. There is BARELY enough room for this under the floor pan!

Closeup

Attached BOV - the only place I could fit it. Absolutely no room in the engine bay...

Custom intake charge pipe and filter mounting. Will eventually get blocked off for cold air

And, she moves! Preparing for some tuning and checking vibrations/driveline, etc

Check this out: Front suspension is supposed to be identical in wheel gap as the rear. Heavy Engine = unequal weight distribution

Lift your bra shot

Some weight figures:

Here are some interesting specs:
Stock Z4 3.0si Coupe weighs 3073 to 3108 lbs (google), 50% F, 50 % R, don't if this is w/o fluids or full tank of gas
Stock Z4M Coupe weighs 3231 lbs (half tank) to 3275 (full tank), 50.5% F, 49.5%rear confirmed by a few members on bimmerforums
My 2JZ Coupe weighs 3175 lbs (half tank), 52.7% F, 47.2% R.

Now, the interesting bit here how my weight is now between the 3.0si and the 3.2M, yet my front to rear balance has changed drastically. Just by adding 75 ~ 100 lbs to the front with the engine swap, front suspension shows it. I may need to upgrade to coilovers with heavier front springs to compensate.

Initial driveability showed some minor issues, but holding together so far.

Last edited by dre99gsx; 07-31-2017 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 2