11-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #67
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
Ah, so INPA/ISTA will check the VO and error if a given module isn't found. If you wanted, I can add support (sometime down the line) for the BlueBus to respond to diagnostics ident requests for the TEL module. That should keep the BMW tools placated.

The blinker feature that the BlueBus offers cannot override your LSZ's coding . If you had the LSZ coded for 3 blinks and set the BlueBus for five, then you'd get five blinks. The reason is that the BlueBus uses diagnostics requests to bring these features to life, and doesn't actually code the module. If I were to code the module, then support for 90% of my customers would poof away as most don't have LSZs capable of this feature, and none of the LCMs ever remotely supported it

Thanks!
-Ted
This makes perfect sense! thanks for taking the time to respond to all questions from all customers.

Ted, the product is really great, it just makes the car feel so right in this age and era!!!!

No worries in trying to have BB to respond to queries for the TCU in the car's network, I don't think many people care about it . I may remove the TCU eventually to save weight later down the road.
Appreciate 0