Thread: Back to BMW
View Single Post
      08-02-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
pingpong
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Back to BMW

A few years ago, I had a Z3 M Roadster that, unfortunately, met its demise at the hands of a mindless driver (left turn right into my path). Ever since then, I made my rounds through a bunch of Japanese brands.

Today, however, I come back to BMW in the form of a 2007 Z4 3.0si! I was actually looking at getting a 2010 335i coupe, but I came across an ad for the Z4 with 17k miles at a smokin' deal (5k under KBB private party; ended up being about half of what it stickered for originally!) Fully loaded with every single option available at the time except for the wood trim (but I like the aluminum more anyways). Still has 2 years of warranty left and maintenance, and its in pretty damn good condition (except for some curb rash on one of the wheels ).

There was a fairly low mileage 2006 M Roadster at about the same price, but with an 80 mile commute every day, the supposed 28MPG in the 3.0si won me over.

I'm already planning on getting a windblocker for it (I can't believe BMW didn't include one; even my 88 Mazda RX7 convertible has an integrated windblocker). Anything else I should look into getting/doing?

P.S. One thing I noticed is that if I shift into first at anything higher than 15mph, it feels like it grinds a bit. It's like that in my RX7 too, so I figured it was normal (then again, thats a 21 year old car with 180k miles on it). Is it something I should get checked, or is it fairly normal in all cars?
Appreciate 0