View Single Post
      03-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
rollingstone
Rep
Drives: Z4c 3.0si

Robrwalker, here is the verbatim write up... it is even more basic than I recalled. It does include two grainy pics, but they don't show much. I'll try to describe them as my scanner isn't hooked up at the moment. Again, these are the only instructions that came with the reflectors.

Installation:
Removal of the front wheels is not necessary to install the Clear Reflectors. The images have the wheels removed for illustration purposes only. If you remove the front wheel(s), it may make the installation easier for you. If you do remove the wheels(s), be sure to use precautions when jacking up the front end of the car. You can also turn the steering wheel all the way to one side to access the wheel well and then doing the same in the other direction.

(Pic 1 shows the inside front wheel well. It points to the access panel and two [2] fasteners that hold it in place).

Inside the front wheel well is an access panel used to access the fog light bulbs. Additional information can be found in your owner's manual under bulb replacement.

Begin by unlocking the fasteners by turning them counterclockwise. The fasteners will need to be turned 189 degrees, then the access panel can be opened.

**Note: That was the easy part, not it gets trickier unless you have hand the size of a 5-year old.**

(Pic 2 shows the back side of the front fender, where the reflector is held in place by two nuts. This pic is misleading because the fender is shown removed).

With the panel opened,remove the two nuts on the back of the reflector and it will push out.

Installation of the clear reflectors is the opposite of removal.

(End of instructions).

So it sounds like a snap, but it takes patience and effort. I think jacking the car and removing the wheel is the best. Or you can remove the bumper. I have heard of people simply cutting off the bolts and reinstalling using 3M permanent foam tape. But that seems like a bad idea to me.

If you know of anyone with a Z4 or who works on their own cars, it might help to have a second pair of hands.

Best of luck.

Cheers.