View Single Post
      10-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
jon1275
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe ILB

I've had same thing happen x 2 this year

I've done a lot to z4m but this happened since going to full hoho slicks and pulling over 1g at high rpm. Happened at road atl top of esses and amp hairpin. I've had constant Exhaust fault since cat delete but no clear code with these 2 events. I also have ess tune but still na. Seems to be a limp mode as car just dies then starts right back up. Please post more as u get it sorted. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
Has any one else ever had this problem on track. I would have it occasionally 1/50 laps when my car was N/A but now with my newly installed VT-525 and its increased fuel needs it was happening every lap in turn 9 at Roebling road. Its a high speed sweeper where i see sustained 1 G cornering for 8 seconds at high rpm's in 4th at maintenance throttle then progress to full throttle off the apex and onto the front straight. As soon as I go full throttle limp mode kicks in. This occurs in the same spot as before just way more frequently now as my car needs more fuel and is not gas tank level related ( happened on my first hot lap). My plan is to modify the pump basket for better filling and place an Aeromotive stealth 340 pump to maintain the fuel pressure i need. Has anyone else run into this issue????, I'm flattered that I'm driving the car hard enough to do this but it sucks that I'm having to trailblaze a solution. And before any one asks the injectors are good, the fuel lines are good, the filters have been replaced recently as well as the OEM pump.
2007 e90 335i dinan S2 (sold)
Appreciate 0