View Single Post
      05-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank
Hmm. I think there is more going on. That doesn't have to do with pick up if it happens when its full. What you are saying is that the stock fuel pump is not keeping up with demand, which is counter to what VF and ESS say about there 500+ hp kits. Send EAS a call to see if they have experienced this with there track car.
I agree Sean I think the stock pump is not maintaining the required fuel pressure in those situations. The S54 requires a fuel pressure of 72psi at WOT in its stock NA trim . Now add 8psi from a supercharger and the required pressure is upped to 80psi . Throw in a hot day , high IAT and engine oil temps on track and I find it hard to believe the stock pump can maintain that under those conditions especially at WOT near redline in high G turns. There is a way around the pressure drop tuning wise , extending the injector duty cycle and the motor pulling timing at high rpm but that's not a preferred path . AJ assures me I'm the only ESS VT-525 Z4M in any trim to have this problem including the EAS track car . ??? Even without the limp mode the car runs much stronger on the street than the track . My segment peak speeds were equal to my VT-1 speeds even though my apex speeds were equal , so I know it wasn't making full power on track either. I'm pretty certain it was pulling timing like a mofo even when it didn't limp . I will be getting a PLX multi gauge and a wide band AFR after the fuel system upgrades to do some data logging, but I think upgrading my pump and the fuel basket is what is needed given all the facts.
Appreciate 0