11-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #43
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2twins View Post
Its a mystery to me why a dishonest seller is being backed?

I should have used an escrow company, lesson learned

Seller did not mention paint was peeling off the bumper.

It's not scraped off, it's falling off.

The agreement calls for the seller to send the title to receive the balance. He has not done so and it is beyond me why anyone here thinks that is acceptable?

For those of you that think its ok not to send the title, after I did exactly what our contract called for, I wonder why?

This just falls under the risk of buying sight unseen. And if the paint issue didn't come up in the PPI nor during your friend's inspection, not sure what else you expect seller to do. He fulfilled his side of the deal and you're calling something out after the fact. Who's to say it didn't get damaged during transport or even under your ownership?

Sending a car without full payment is beyond me but seller did so on good faith. Why would anyone give up the title if there's still a sales balance due? It's crazy you were already able to take delivery of the car to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
Since trust is clearly broken on both sides at this point, why not just use this Title Collection service. It's just $60. Be done with it.

https://www.escrow.com/cars/essentia...ion-service-60

Salty
My thoughts too, both parties are clearly at risk of losing significant amount of time and money. What's an extra $60 or whatever the cost is to ensure this deal closes.