Thread: Softtop issues
View Single Post
      12-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
jrich4411
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 ///M black on black

Softtop issues

There are countless threads here about various softtop motor issues. While it's certainly possible this issue has been covered here, I can't find it. All summer long my top was "finicky". Some days it operated perfectly. Other days, it would not complete the process of either opening or closing. Mostly closing.
When I hit the close button, it would raise up - some times partially, sometimes all the way to where the "claws" at the top of the windshield should grab it and secure it completely shut. Some days, I would press the close button, the top would raise partially, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then go back out and complete the process with the button. Other times it went a week or 2 working perfectly.
A bunch of times during the summer/fall, I would be driving along and I would see the red indicator between the control buttons randomly flash once or twice, even though the top had been up for days/weeks.
So, right now the top is down. When I press the button to raise it, I hear the motor running but there is absolutely no movement from the top. I hate to pull the red lever! but she is now parked for the winter and I really don't want to leave the top down all winter even though she is garaged & covered.
She's an '06 ///M
any help is appreciated.
JR
Appreciate 0