View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #37
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

I don't think he's running higher boost. I think that since it is a small supercharger (ASA T1-521 580HP) compared to the 750HP and 725HP V3Si and V3Sq the ASA is reaching the efficiency zone and can generate more torque than a big unit that is merely compressing little air compared to what it can generate.
Once you go VT3-600, you will have a much richer TQ curve and will be using the Vortech's capabilities.
IMO, if you don't go ESS VT3-600, using a V3si is practically the most stupid supercharging decision you can make, i don't understand ESS when they use a big unit and not allow people to upgrade.

Not that the little Z4M can handle more than 500rwhp and 380TQ to the ground. You will start needing bodywork with slicks to be able to keep that power down and certainly not track it with the stock diff :P

I have always had a fascination of tuners like Gpower, AA, Evolve. Those people do not think how much would a kit cost. they think what are the limitations and what is needed to break them and what can make a car different and more exciting to drive.

IMO, evolve and AA not participating in this supercharging business (Z4M) is probably because of all the low cost low quality kits available.
Appreciate 0